Plan Your Shoot
- Tax Reliefs
Plan Your Shoot
- Search the Directory
- Find a Location
- Get Permission
- Make Sure It's Legal
- Green Screen
- Advice for International Crews
- Read the Code of Practice
- London Filming Partnership
From feature films to computer games, TV shows to music videos, and all that's in between. Whatever you're making and wherever you're from, we are here to help your shoot run smoothly.
Start by following these simple steps.
If you're an international production, we can provide a bespoke advisory service to help you navigate the rules.
Looking to film in another part of the UK? Find the right regional screen agency
1. Find a location
From the best known landmarks to the most obscure street, London has a versatile range of options if you want to shoot on location. Looking for a studio? The capital's are world-class. Find your perfect location
2. Get permission
Although this is a film friendly city, you can't just film anywhere. Even if you're a small crew filming on a street, it's best to get permission first. Luckily we have all the contacts you need. Get permission to film
3. Make it legal
There are different rules governing filming. But whether it's people or buildings you need to make sure your shoot is abiding by the law and you have all the right insurance. See your legal obligations
4. Get started
London boasts a vast array of creative talent and services that can ensure your shoot or is perfectly supported. Alongisde gold standard post and VFX houses, the capital has everything you need. Search for crew and services
Looking for a Unit Base or Production office?
These lists provide council contacts and commercial spaces that will be able to help.
Different regional organisations look after filming and film-related activities across the UK. Here are some key contacts:
- Creative Scotland
- Edinburgh Film Focus for Edinburgh, the Lothians and the Scottish Borders
- Glasgow Film Office
- Scottish Highlands and Islands Film Commission
- South West Scotland Screen Commission for Dumfries and Galloway
- TayScreen for Tayside, Angus, Dundee, Perth and Kinross
- RT @PerformanceIns : Pleased to announce we'll be continuing our partnership with @Film_London for another 3 years!! #filmmakers https://t.…
- RT @TheHungryFilm : More backstage looks at #TheHungryFilm | @Film_London | @cinestaanfilmco | @TwickStudios https://t.co/LwO8ukaixI
- "Sustainability needs to be embedded in the procurement process. A film has a financial controller, so why not a carbon controller too?"
This year our Production Finance Market – the UK’s only film finance market – takes place from 9-11 October and is now open for applications. Find out more about PFM's new international partners and the Film London Micro Market.
Timely explorations of motherhood, matriarchy, gender identity and the modern LGBTQ experience. Discover the two new titles from London-based filmmakers which have been commissioned for Microwave, our award-winning feature film scheme.