Plan Your Shoot
- Tax Reliefs
Plan Your Shoot
- Search the Directory
- Find a Location
- Get Permission
- Make Sure It's Legal
- Green Screen
- Advice for International Crews
- Read the Code of Practice
- London Filming Partnership
From feature films to computer games, TV shows to music videos, and all that's in between. Whatever you're making and wherever you're from, we are here to help your shoot run smoothly.
Start by following these simple steps.
If you're an international production, we can provide a bespoke advisory service to help you navigate the rules.
Looking to film in another part of the UK? Find the right regional screen agency
Find a location
From the best known landmarks to the most obscure street, London has a versatile range of options if you want to shoot on location. Looking for a studio? The capital's are world-class. Find your perfect location
Although this is a film friendly city, you can't just film anywhere. Even if you're a small crew filming on a street, it's best to get permission first. Luckily we have all the contacts you need. Get permission to film
Make it legal
There are different rules governing filming. But whether it's people or buildings you need to make sure your shoot is abiding by the law and you have all the right insurance. See your legal obligations
London boasts a vast array of creative talent and services that can ensure your shoot or is perfectly supported. Alongisde gold standard post and VFX houses, the capital has everything you need. Search for crew and services
Make it green
There are lots of ways to ensure your production is environmentally friendly, from recycling initiatives to car pooling and lights-out schemes. Find out more with Green Screen.
Looking for a Unit Base or Production office?
These lists provide council contacts and commercial spaces that will be able to help.
Different regional organisations look after filming and film-related activities across the UK. The best organisation to contact is the British Film Commission.
- Daniel Battsek - Director of Film4 and Chair of Film London, and Adrian Wootton OBE - CEO of Film London, welcome g… https://t.co/bBrPZ9q0Ob
- The 1-2-1 sessions are underway! Concise but effective, the producers and financiers have just 20 minutes to discus… https://t.co/tlYQK6brkI
- Turning an old department store in Croydon into a fully serving studio, In Fabric’s director Peter Strickland, prod… https://t.co/bwVUobFbhR