Find a Location
- Tax Reliefs
Plan Your Shoot
- Search the Directory
- Find a Location
- Get Permission
- Make Sure It's Legal
- Green Screen
- Advice for International Crews
- Read the Code of Practice
- London Filming Partnership
From iconic landmarks to seemingly indistinct woodland, London's range of locations is rivalled by none. Through our free locations advice service we can help you find exactly what you need.
Among the many locations on offer in the capital are:
- Historic country houses
- Modern and minimalist loft conversions
- Urban cityscapes
- Riverside views
- Woodland spaces
- Rooftop panoramic views
- Underground tunnels
- Iconic buildings
- Landscaped parks
And although London is often used to represent itself, it has also been put to good use as a double for other parts of the world such as the US, Russia and many European countries.
We don't provide permits for filming, but we can help advise you on who you need to contact when filming in London. Our Plan Your Shoot pages provide information on how to obtain licences, as well as useful contact details and guidelines for filming in London.
To help you find your ideal location, we also have a large directory where you can create your own folios of locations or request contact details to liaise direct with location owners.
Still have questions? Call us on 020 7613 7683 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for a location manager?
A location manager with good working knowledge of London will be invaluable in helping your project run smoothly. A good location manager will:
- Find locations, negotiate with owners and agree
- Be adept at negotiating permission to film in public spaces, with a thorough understanding of the requirements of Local Authorities.
- Be trained in UK Health & Safety regulations
- Have experience of liaising with the police for traffic management
Our Availability Service can help you find the right location manager for you. Contact us on 020 7613 7683 or email email@example.com for a consultation and recommendation.
Are you a location manager? Sign up to our availability service
It shouldn't cost too much to film in London, but fees will almost always be charged to film in a privately owned location. Fees are charged on a case-by-case basis and depend on your specific requirements. The fee needs to be negotiated directly with the location owner.
There will not be a filming fee to film on the street. But the Borough Film Service might charge an admin fee and for additional council services, including but not limited to:
- Waste disposal
- Parking suspensions and dispensations
- Set visits from the Film Officer
The Borough Film Service can also charge a filming fee for any council owned locations including housing estates, schools, commons, Town Halls and so on.
- Want top tips on sales & distribution from #BuildYourAudience ? Take a look at our Storify: https://t.co/2mJtG2Za9e https://t.co/GZpOHmQWUH
- The brilliant @AmmaAsante is looking for two female aspiring filmmakers to join her on set: https://t.co/GnAuweE3bQ https://t.co/R9NNh7M2il
- One day left to apply for our Marketing & Events Co-ordinator role! Deadline 27 July: https://t.co/X7TorpVHKL #filmjob
Last week, we teamed up with Ukie to bring four US games executives on a familiarisation trip London. This took place as part of Games London, our three-year initiative to make London the games capital of the world.