The Film London Jarman Award 2015 was presented to Belfast-based artist Seamus Harahan.
Harahan was selected from a six-strong shortlist which also included Adam Chodzko, Gail Pickering, Alia Syed, Bedwyr Williams and Andrea Luka Zimmerman. For the first time, the selected artists represented all corners of the UK including Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Jarman Award 2015 shortlisted artists
Jarman Award 2015 jury
- Iwona Blazwick OBE, Director, Whitechapel Gallery
- Andrea Lissoni, Film and International Art Curator, Tate Modern and Film London Board Member
- Pegah Farahmand, Editor, Random Acts, Channel 4
- Stephen Sutcliffe, Artist
- Maria Palacios Cruz, Deputy Director, LUX
- Sol Papadopoulos, Producer, Hurricane Films
In 2015 the Jules Wright Prize was introduced to the Jarman Award, focused on female creative technicians working in the field of cinematography. In 2015 the Jules Wright Prize was awarded to cinematographer Noski Deville in recognition of the tremendous impact she has made on the field of cinematography, the breadth of her work and the range of artist filmmakers she has worked alongside. Shortlisted nominees were Taina Galis, Suzie Lavelle and Margaret Salmon.