Film London and Channel 4 in association with the Whitechapel Gallery, awarded the 2010 Jarman Award to to Anja Kirschner and David Panos at a special event on Monday 3 October 2011.
The duo were selected from a shortlist of ten artists, which also included: Ed Atkins, Clio Barnard, Claire Hooper, Hilary Koob-Sassen, Torsten Lauschmann, Elizabeth Price, Laure Prouvost, Imogen Stidworthy and Corin Sworn.
For the first year, the 2011 shortlist was extended to present the work of 10 artists, in order to offer a more comprehensive survey of the work and practice of UK film and video artists, and celebrate the rich and eclectic array of work emerging in recent years.
Working fluidly between cinema and gallery practice, they have produced a distinguished body of work whose sophistication and activist spirit impressed the jury.
Jarman Award 2011 jury panel
Jarman Award 2011 jury
- Iwona Blazwick, Director, Whitechapel Gallery
- Stuart Comer, Film Curator, Tate Modern (Chair)
- Avi Grewal, Documentaries Commissioning, Channel 4
- Sandra Hebron, Artistic Director, BFI London Film Festival
- Mark Rappolt, Editor, ArtReview