The Breakthrough strand is now open for applications
Deadline Monday 7 March
London Screenings is the only export market dedicated to UK film.
Now in its 13th year, the annual four-day export event provides a platform to celebrate and promote British films to the international market.
Buyers from all over the world come to see an exciting selection of new British films, meet UK sales companies, and negotiate international distribution deals. It also provides a market for over 30 British sales companies.
London Screenings will be at BFI Southbank from 20-23 June 2016.
Breakthrough for emerging filmmakers
The Breakthrough strand of London Screenings is a showcase for completed feature films from emerging British filmmakers seeking sales representation and international film festival exposure.
It also provides sales companies, buyers and festival directors from across the globe the chance to monitor new talent.
Emerging filmmakers from across the UK are encouraged to apply for this opportunity.
What you get
Films accepted into the Breakthrough strand will receive:
- Two full accreditations to London Screenings
- Access to the Delegate Centre where they can meet sales companies and buyers
- Invitations to all London Screenings networking events
- A list of sales companies and buyers attending London Screenings
- An individual screening slot
- Promotion on the London Screenings delegate website and brochure
Accepted films will incur a fee of £300 (plus VAT).
Please note that Breakthrough is intended for finding sales representation, not selling films directly to international buyers.
Criteria for submission
- Films must be feature length and of theatrical nature and quality
- Films must be completed and ready for delivery by June 2016
- Films must be predominantly British. This could include a British setting, characters or subject matter, a UK-based production and filming, or UK cast and crew.
- Priority will be given to titles not seen at other festivals or markets
Submit your film
To apply for Breakthrough please send a completed application form and a copy of your film (via online link or DVD) to Sara Bonakdar by email or post.
The Arts Building, Morris Place
London N4 3JG
The deadline for submissions is Monday 7 March 2016
London Screenings is funded and supported by the BFI, Mayor of London, Film Export UK and UK Trade & Investment.
Disclaimer: The London Screenings and Breakthrough strand will take place subject to funding being confirmed. In the event that it does not go ahead all Breakthrough applicants will be notified immediately.
“London Screenings has proven to be an essential industry event, contributing to strong British film sales and the development of British cinema.”
Boris Johnson, Mayor of London
- #LDNCalling short @JACKEDthefilm has been selected for @berlinale ! Help them get there: https://t.co/8vuNOZXf08 https://t.co/Q3Mfl1Iniw
- Last night's Super Bowl viewers got a first look at the new Bourne film, #FilmedInLDN : https://t.co/lCnYV2Vlh6 https://t.co/UVPe6OPNe0
- Are you a London-based TV producer with a project? We have places up for grabs at Series Mania Pro in Paris! https://t.co/U2Lhew9Xhf
Want to kick-start your career in film or television? We recently joined up with The Production Guild to offer a two-day Runner Training course - here are our top tips for getting into the film and television industry as a production runner.
Our location of the month is the subterranean House of Detention, featured in Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. Find out how the location team transformed this Victorian prison into an atmospheric setting for the film.