The BFI Film Audience Network (FAN) has relaunched how they are supporting new film releases.
Since 2016, BFI FAN has been supporting new film releases. The aim is to better connect the worlds of distribution and exhibition, and ensure that important independent releases find a place in cinemas, and connect with audiences, across the UK.
- An open submission process for the 5 new release film titles they are supporting each year. Exhibitors and distributors can submit a title to be considered for FAN support at any time.
- A new, monthly newsletter delivered to all FAN members. It includes booking opportunities for new releases as well as nationwide seasons (e.g. the BFI Blockbuster) and touring programmes. Registered Film Hub members will automatically receive this newsletter – if you’re not a member yet, find out more about joining Film Hub London.
Support for exhibitors screening FAN-supported films is focused on reaching young people, aged 16-30, and includes:
- Access to a small campaign budget for grassroots marketing or event activity e.g. social media advertising or a special event
- An extended press and marketing campaign coordinated by regional marketers in each Film Hub area to raise visibility and attendance
- A BFI FAN Marketing Pack designed especially for exhibitors and containing event and marketing ideas, copy, images, assets, press and e-mail outreach templates to help effectively promote the film
- an audience development workshop – get expert help to create a plan that works for your venue, aimed at developing 16-30 audiences for new releases
- help implementing your plan from a local marketing consultant
- access to the regional campaign budget for additional marketing or event activity for each of the FAN-supported titles