London Games Festival
The London Games Festival is here, with a jam-packed eleven days of activities across London for everyone from dedicated gamers and industry boffins to total n00bs.
On offer are talks on games culture, mixed reality, AI and more, along with interactive events including:
- Now Play This at Somerset House
- EGX Rezzed at Tobacco Dock
- Dear Esther Live
- UK Games Showcase
- W.IN networking event for women in games and other creative sectors
There are also loads of Fringe events taking place around the city, including a Contemporary Board Games Study Day at the V&A, Off the Page: Games and Literature at The British Library, Marioke, and Cinedouken! Street Fighter Edition.
The festival will end with a Games Character Parade featuring cosplayers and gamers dressed as iconic game characters marching past St Paul's.
The London Games Festival is part of Games London, a groundbreaking new project delivered by Film London and Ukie, funded by the Mayor of London through London's Local Enterprise Panel.
- Premiering 10pm tonight on @SkyCinemaUK : twisted crime romance Love/Me/Do from #LDNcalling alumni @MartinWHStitt … https://t.co/jjNgZkNj8N
- Head to @CurzonGsmiths tomorrow for Blood Ah Go Run and Jus Soli - two films that document 1981's New Cross Massacr… https://t.co/AWqm4M78kw
- RT @OnestoWatch_TV : It's your FINAL WEEK to apply for FREE TV mentoring, masterclasses & career development + a pass to @EdinburghTVFest ht…
Returning to BFI Southbank in May 2017, LOCO London Comedy Film Festival is the UK’s only international comedy film festival. This year, the exciting line-up features several London Calling shorts, as well as new films from Film London alumni.
From the very best in short docs and world cinema to a season of ground-breaking female directors, Film Hub London are supporting cinema projects of all shapes and sizes across the capital throughout 2017.