London Games Festival
The London Games Festival is here, with a jam-packed eleven days of activities across London for everyone from dedicated gamers and industry boffins to total n00bs.
On offer are talks on games culture, mixed reality, AI and more, along with interactive events including:
- Now Play This at Somerset House
- EGX Rezzed at Tobacco Dock
- Dear Esther Live
- UK Games Showcase
- W.IN networking event for women in games and other creative sectors
There are also loads of Fringe events taking place around the city, including a Contemporary Board Games Study Day at the V&A, Off the Page: Games and Literature at The British Library, Marioke, and Cinedouken! Street Fighter Edition.
The festival will end with a Games Character Parade featuring cosplayers and gamers dressed as iconic game characters marching past St Paul's.
The London Games Festival is part of Games London, a groundbreaking new project delivered by Film London and Ukie, funded by the Mayor of London through London's Local Enterprise Panel.
- RT @outpostvfx : Digital artist Hong Dam talks to us about taking part in @Film_London 's Return To Work scheme at Outpost, the challenges of…
- RT @ShortSightedLDN : JOIN THE TEAM! We're looking for two enthusiastic freelance marketing & PR marvels to help us shape our 2019 festival.…
- The @BFI Future Film Festival returns from 21-24 Feb! Film London Microwave alumni @GRParris will be speaking on… https://t.co/rBhmQZQD4H
More than 100 hours of restored, unseen footage of London from the past 100 years will be released this month by London’s Screen Archives, thanks to the time and talents of local volunteers and film archivists.
Artists from the FLAMIN Fellowship scheme will participate in an innovative 3-week art residency in the town of Nuoro, Sardinia, starting 27th February 2019. The residency is the result of a new and exciting partnership between the Sardegna Film Commission and the MAN Museum of Modern Art.