Tax Relief for Film
London is an attractive destination for all content production. The wealth of world-class talent and resources are underpinned by generous and user-friendly tax reliefs that can help you bring your project to the capital. Best of all:
- There is no cap on the amount of tax relief which can be claimed.
- All reliefs are capped at 80% of total production budget.
As of April 2015, a Film Production Company (FPC) can claim tax relief of up to 25% of qualifying expenditure for film projects that qualify as British. There is no cap over/under £20 million, as was the case before April 2015.
To qualify for film tax relief, projects must:
- Have a minimum 10% of core expenditure spent in the UK
- Be intended for theatrical release
- Have one FPC registered with Companies House and set up before principal photography begins
- The FPC must be responsible for all the filmmaking activity from pre-production through to completion
How your project can qualify as British
Your film can qualify as British by passing the cultural test, or as an official co-production.
The UK has 10 bi-lateral co-production treaties and is also a signatory to the European Convention.
Contact the Certification Unit at the BFI for more information: email@example.com
- @diyspace4london on Wed 19th Dec @films4food are screening @hill_stories documentary 'More Earth Will Fall' + direc… https://t.co/PqJ24FWsbr
- Looking to move into Location Management? @ProductionGuild with @NIScreen , @UKScreenSkills and Film London, will gi… https://t.co/1cvpG0A6i0
- The nominees for the 75th Golden Globes Awards have been announced, and we are thrilled to see so many nominees tha… https://t.co/rVhJjjnS8i