- Tax Reliefs
Plan Your Shoot
- Search the Directory
- Find a Location
- Get Permission
- Make Sure It's Legal
- Green Screen
- Advice for International Crews
- Read the Code of Practice
- London Filming Partnership
Surrounded by modern buildings and the hustle and bustle of the south bank of the Thames, Southwark Cathedral offers a cavernous location steeped in history.
The Cathedral has been a place of worship for over 1,000 years. The 13th Century retrochoir is the oldest surviving area, with much of the building having been restored in the 1800s, while still retaining its original glorious Gothic architectural style.
Famous for its imposing and magnificent nave, the Cathedral is also full of hidden corners, spiral stone staircases and quiet chapels, while the 160ft tower allows visitors spectacular views across London.
The modern but sympathetically designed Millennium Buildings are linked to the Cathedral by a glass-covered internal 'street'. Here light and airy conference and meeting spaces offer productions convenient green room and rehearsal spaces, as well as the Garry Weston Library, with dramatic arches inspired by the Cathedral's architecture.
There is ample controllable outside space. Surrounding the building on two sides is the green and peaceful churchyard and pretty herb garden, while the new building leads on to the large Millennium Courtyard with views out across the Thames.
Recent productions include Netflix production The Crown, BBC dramas London Spy and The Night Manager, and the recent remake of My Best Friend's Wedding.
- Award-winning Location Manager @vjassaled talks to @LDN_Culture about the day-to-day practicalities of the job and… https://t.co/SupExulqrn
- RT @Robin_B : Here's a very short demo of my Christmas Wobbler #GamesTree at King's Cross Station. Playable until the 4th of January! 🕹️🎄😍 h…
- A dopey teenage delinquent forms an unlikely bond with a curmudgeonly recluse in Jules Bishop's #MicrowaveFilms fea… https://t.co/6Cca9ioEkJ