- Tax Reliefs
Plan Your Shoot
- Search the Directory
- Find a Location
- Get Permission
- Make Sure It's Legal
- Green Screen
- Advice for International Crews
- Read the Code of Practice
- London Filming Partnership
Austere facades and elegant rooms have made Somerset House a perfect backdrop for such period dramas as Sherlock Holmes, The Suspicions of Mr Whicher, Dancing on the Edge and Downton Abbey.
The famous cobbled courtyard and dancing fountain have featured in films such as Last Chance Harvey, Bride and Prejudice and most recently action thriller London Has Fallen. It also doubled for a Swiss Bank in superhero feature X-Men: First Class.
Somerset House is centrally located and can also offer a multitude of little-known filming locations. From grand staircases and long corridors, to London skyline views from the roof and the Victorian alleyways of the Lightwells and Deadhouse.More information on filming at Somerset House
- Ahead of the Equal Access New Entrants course - our 2 day masterclass kick-starting careers in the film & TV indust… https://t.co/DlbCixgEiM
- Are you a filmmaker of colour, disabled, female, LGBTQIA+? London’s indie @GenesisCinema launches @FragmentsFest th… https://t.co/5O8EFy7hE6
- Journey through the lives of European London with @1000_Londoners ' Goodbye Europe season, an anthology of new short… https://t.co/aueUPZ4O9I
Film London is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2019 FLAMIN Productions development award. London-based artist filmmakers Jasmina Cibic, Billy Dosanjh and Patrick Hough will receive funding and support as they develop their new moving image projects over the coming months.