- Tax Reliefs
Plan Your Shoot
- Search the Directory
- Find a Location
- Get Permission
- Make Sure It's Legal
- Green Screen
- Advice for International Crews
- Read the Code of Practice
- London Filming Partnership
Austere facades and elegant rooms have made Somerset House a perfect backdrop for such period dramas as Sherlock Holmes, The Suspicions of Mr Whicher, Dancing on the Edge and Downton Abbey.
The famous cobbled courtyard and dancing fountain have featured in films such as Last Chance Harvey, Bride and Prejudice and most recently action thriller London Has Fallen. It also doubled for a Swiss Bank in superhero feature X-Men: First Class.
Somerset House is centrally located and can also offer a multitude of little-known filming locations. From grand staircases and long corridors, to London skyline views from the roof and the Victorian alleyways of the Lightwells and Deadhouse.More information on filming at Somerset House
- ‘What excites me about British Cinema is its sense of freedom. Bold risks are taken to make bold movies - you can a… https://t.co/mBlAlxDb6R
- Michael Barker Co-Founder and Co-President of Sony Pictures Classics discuses the value of a diverse film library t… https://t.co/prMekJyWkv
- The @FilmTVCharity (formerly the Cinema & Television Benevolent Fund) has announced the return of The London Party… https://t.co/SCY0Htn8wg