Royal Botanic Gardens at Kew
- Tax Reliefs
Plan Your Shoot
- Search the Directory
- Find a Location
- Get Permission
- Make Sure It's Legal
- Green Screen
- Advice for International Crews
- Read the Code of Practice
- London Filming Partnership
Few London locations can offer such stunning backdrops as Kew Gardens. In addition to treetop walkways, lakes, fountains and the grand Victorian Palm House, Kew also offers filming opportunities in behind-the-scenes scientific labs, classrooms and galleries.
There are over 300 acres of open gardens which can double for almost anywhere in the world; tropical rainforests, Japanese gardens, Grecian temples, Canadian forests and Mediterranean landscapes offer productions a wealth of location possiblities.
A beautiful site for photography, Kew has accommodated stills shoots for, among many others, Vivienne Westwood, Harper's Bazaar and Ted Baker, as well as commercials for Smyths Toys and the Ballymore Group. The historic buildings and traditional English gardens have also featured in productions such as Rosemary and Thyme, The End of the Affair starring Ralph Fienns and Julianne Moore, children's favourite Teletubbies and most recently sci-fi TV dramaHumans.More information on filming at Kew Gardens
- Two @BAFTA wins for @DarkestHour . including Leading Actor for Gary Oldman's standout performance #FilmedInLDN https://t.co/B0SUvoPdxV
- A well-deserved VFX win for Blade Runner 2049 - congrats to the London-based talent who helped bring the sumptuous… https://t.co/xwnivp3b3D
- Huge night for the wonderful @3Billboards - congratulations to our pals @Film4 and all the tremendous talent involv… https://t.co/fOCLobucu5
We spoke to director Harry Lighton about the politics and inspiration behind Wren Boys, his overnight success short film which has been BAFTA and BIFA nominated, as well as screening at Sundance, SXSW and BFI London Film Festival.