Nordic television producers line up for London Familiarisation Trip
Date posted: 06.10.2015
Next month will see a selection of Nordic television executives come to London on our first ever Familiarisation trip specifically designed for producers from Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Iceland and Finland. We are pleased to announce that we have selected five drama producers for the trip in late November.
The producers will be given an intensive, five-day showcase of what London can offer, and will gain insight into London's world-class production infrastructure, unique locations and wealth of professional expertise, along with the benefits of the UK's generous High-end Television Tax Relief.
They will also have the chance to network with representatives from the UK television industry and attend C21's Content London conference.
Adrian Wootton, Chief Executive of Film London and the British Film Commission, said: "Television audiences have an insatiable appetite when it comes to gripping Nordic dramas, and while London might not be able to boast real life fjords or glaciers it offers a world of opportunity for producers seeking the very best in skills, crews and facilities - as Sky drama Fortitude has demonstrated, by using locations in Hayes, Chiswick and Hackney to stand in for Arctic interiors. The five execs we've selected are all working on exciting projects, and I'm sure this trip will help illuminate the city's amazing offer and help London-based producers forge business links with their Nordic counterparts."
The five producers are:
- Janni Lund Helleskov of Eyeworks Scandia Fiction, with a project written by Torleif Hoppe, screenwriter of The Killing (Denmark)
- Snorri Thorisson of Pegasus Pictures, line producer on Game of Thrones and Fortitude in Iceland (Iceland)
- Helena Danielsson of Brain Academy who won the European Film Academy Award - Prix Eurimages in 2012 (Sweden)
- Christian Fredrik Martin of Friland Produksjon AS (Norway)
- Riina Hyytia of Dionysos Films (Finland)