- Location of the Month 2015
- Location of the Month 2014
- Location of the Month 2013
- Location of the Month 2012
- Location of the Month 2011
- Location of the Month 2010
- Location of the Month 2009
- Location of the Month 2008
- Location of the Month 2007
- Location of the Month 2006
- Location of the Month 2005
- Location of the Month 2004
Date posted: 09.03.2011
Written and created by BAFTA®-award winner Abi Morgan, The Hour stars Romola Garai (Atonement), Dominic West (The Wire) and Ben Whishaw (Bright Star) as Bel Rowley, Hector Madden and Freddie Lyon - the three driven and passionate journalists behind the new show. The characters' lives are soon complexly intertwined, creating a tense love triangle - set against the highly competitive and sharp-witted world of broadcasting and a mysterious murder.
When announcing the cast for the new commission, Ben Stephenson, Controller, Drama Commissioning, said: "The combination of Ben Whishaw as Freddie, Romola Garai as Bel and Dominic West as Hector gives us one of the most exciting casts for a British TV series in years. Our trio crackle with sexual frisson and will bring Fifties London to life with style and complexity thanks to Abi Morgan's breathtaking scripts."
The drama, which started shooting in late 2010 and has just wrapped, shot extensively on location in the capital. With the support of Film London and Haringey Council's film office, the production set base at 1930s Grade II Hornsey Town Hall in Crouch End. Other locations used for the shoot included Rivoli Ballroom in Crofton Park, the National Liberal Club on Whitehall Place and the majestic Wrotham Park, just outside the capital.
The Hour is the latest high-profile drama Kudos has produced for the BBC. Previous titles include popular and award-winning series such as Spooks, Hustle, Life on Mars, Ashes to Ashes and Outcasts.
The series is expected to transmit later this year.
- Congrats again to Seamus Harahan, our #JarmanAward 2015 winner! Read all about it: https://t.co/Zgye54ZJkQ https://t.co/7eahyjh7Jw
- Find out about #MicrowaveFilms ' Barefaced, a fast-paced caper exploring racial prejudice. https://t.co/S7qNcJQexc https://t.co/T2IJDf2Z1U
- Word from our CEO: @aojwFL_BFC on what Star Wars @PinewoodStudios means for UK film. https://t.co/lX8k9b4AER https://t.co/LCRLKqd9IM