3rd National Skills Day
Date posted: 17.05.2007
National Skills Day, an initiative for the audio visual industries, will take place this year on Thursday 24 May.
This is the third consecutive year the industries have staged National Skills Day. On this single day companies support and promote skills and training by organising learning opportunities for individuals in the workplace.
Skillset and partners Broadcast, BBC, ITV, Channel 4, five, Pact and BECTU, launched National Skills Day to raise awareness of the fundamental importance of skills, development and career progression to the future of the industry.
Last year activities organised included:
- blogging and digital switchover workshops at Channel 4
- the Art of Being Brilliant workshops by BECTU at LWT
- online career development sessions at the BBC
- High Definition lighting and camera masterclasses at the London Film Academy
- podcasting and DVD authoring workshops at VET
- and business planning advice for new start ups at Focus West.
For a resource pack with information on how to get involved visit the Skillset website: www.skillset.org/nationalskillsday.