- Location of the Month 2015
- Location of the Month 2014
- Location of the Month 2013
- Location of the Month 2012
- Location of the Month 2011
- Location of the Month 2010
- Location of the Month 2009
- Location of the Month 2008
- Location of the Month 2007
- Location of the Month 2006
- Location of the Month 2005
- Location of the Month 2004
It’s Snowing in London!
Date posted: 27.12.2006
The snow-filled streets of Greenwich feature in one of the BBC’s festive idents this year.
Dutton Street and Maidenhithe Hill were chosen as the location for the official BBC Christmas introduction, which features a giant snowball.
Filmed back in November, the giant snowball was rolled along the streets by a crowd dressed in their winter woolies.
Moulded from polystyrene, the 20 foot high snowball was the brainchild of Red Bee Media and special effects company Artem.
Greenwich, one of London’s 33 boroughs, is a popular filming location. 2005 saw 307 days of shooting, Children of Men being amongst the features to film on its streets.
The Golden Compass, adapted from Philip Pullman’s infamous trilogy - His Dark Materials, has shot in the borough more recently.
The Greenwich Film Unit manages all filming in the borough, call them on 020 8921 6048 with any enquiries. Find out more about London’s boroughs.