Holiday on Ice
Date posted: 31.12.2006
Skate your way through the capital.
As London’s chance of a snowfall looks more and more unlikely, and gone are the days of skating across the Thames, it is good to see so many open air Christmas ice rinks in London.
They are popping up next to some of London’s most well known icons and are increasingly popular with the public, and what’s more they are film-friendly!
Perfect for a festive or seasonal location the rinks can be found at the following places:
- Tower of London
- Old Royal Naval College, Greenwich
- Hampstead Heath
- Hampton Court
- Kew Gardens
- Somerset House
- and the Natural History Museum.
All the rinks are picturesque, with onsite facilities including cafes and bars.
For access and filming permission contact Anna Lusser for Natural History Museum on 020 7436 3633, Jennifer Bailey for Somerset House on 020 7845 4616 and Paul Savident on 020 8567 2089 for the rest.
- "Work on your elevator pitch" – more good advice from Stephen Kelliher @BanksideFilms delivered to the film-makers in Glasgow #Breakthrough
- RT @filminuk_BFC : "More info on the enhancements being made to the UK Film Tax Relief, announced today http://t.co/m7Jy0xzhuB" great news!
- RT @filminuk_BFC : Check it out – @Telegraph says UK now "Hollywood's favourite place to shoot" http://t.co/PQgUdZo2mp