Date posted: 08.12.2006
Our apologies, the 12 June 2013 newsletter mistakenly links to this news article. For the published Accessibility Toolkit story, please visit: http://filmlondon.org.uk/news/2013/june/film_london_launches_accessibility_toolkit
A brand new information resource for everyone in the film industry is now available online. The Diversity Toolkit brings together comprehensive information on diversity best practice and employment law.
Developed by the UK Film Council, the toolkit contains information, suggestions, top tips and sources of advice on diversity and equality issues.
It covers everything from the Disability Discrimination Act - including what cinemas can do to improve access for the disabled - to top tips on recruitment and selection. It also includes good practice case studies and explains how the industry is promoting a more inclusive approach across the film sector.
The toolkit is intended to help all sections of society to be part of film in the UK and looks in detail at:
- Cinema-going - widening access to potential audience members who may be excluded from film, whether because of their disability, location, age, ethnic origin or any other reason.
- Working in film - bringing in and retaining people from the widest pool of talent.
- Content and portrayal - looking at storylines and at how certain groups are portrayed on film.
The toolkit forms part of the UK Film Council’s wider diversity strategy. Find out more about the Diversity Toolkit.
- Genre mash-up Pride and Prejudice and Zombies comes to UK cinemas tomorrow! Tasty. #FilmedInLDN https://t.co/oDM8Dr3ZmY
- RT @FL_FLAMIN : We're looking for an Assistant to join our team! Find out more here: https://t.co/OEdCXixuYx
- TV producers! Want to pitch your project? We have 4 @FestSeriesMania passes up for grabs: https://t.co/lely5ir4rR https://t.co/oJRv6kGEFC