Audience Development Fund 2006
Date posted: 22.12.2005
Now in its third year, the Audience Development Fund supports projects that promote a vibrant cinema culture in London, both reflecting the tremendous diversity of the capital and bringing new audiences to cinema, as well as introducing children and young people to a greater variety of film.
Applications for the Audience Development Fund 2006 are now open. Cinema projects and film festivals across the capital are invited to apply for a share of the £150,000 available.
Projects must meet specific objectives and priorities, please see the following examples of what we are able to fund:
- Programming in cinemas and other venues of film and seasons of films that would not otherwise be seen in London
- Film and video festivals in London
- Educational programmes of work in cinemas and other exhibition venues
- Educational material and other documentation to develop audiences’ understanding and appreciation of moving image culture in all its forms
- Special events such as guest lectures by film makers, Q & A sessions accompanying screenings etc.
- Research and development, and marketing activities
- Participatory video projects
- Projects that increase access to Heritage and Archive film in London
There are two deadlines, as follows:
Deadline 1: 12 noon Friday 3 February 2006 for projects starting between 1 April 2006 and 30 September 2006.
Deadline 2: 12 noon Friday 30 June 2006 for projects starting between 1 October 2006 and 31 March 2007.
In 2005 twenty-four cinema projects, attended by over 65,000 Londoners, were supported. The fund significantly increased the range of cinema on offer in the capital. More information about projects previously supported by the fund can be found here.
Further information about the 2006 scheme, including guidance notes and application forms, can be found here.
Film London awards Regional Investment Fund for England (RIFE) Lottery Funds on behalf of the UK Film Council.
- Thanks to our final 3 distributors today @peccapics , @Dogwoof & @CelluloidCircus rounding off a great first day. Mo… https://t.co/gtoq6Pm17w
- On stage at #SlateDays are @TrafalgarRel with a new Grace Jones documentary, followed by @ICOtweets ' India on Film… https://t.co/QPq2nuurwg
- New titles at #SlateDays include British thriller Kaleidoscope from @munrofilms and sharp Chinese animation Have a… https://t.co/UIkHnKIRuJ