Ministry of Sound
- Tax Reliefs
Plan Your Shoot
- Search the Directory
- Find a Location
- Get Permission
- Make Sure It's Legal
- Green Screen
- Advice for International Crews
- Read the Code of Practice
- London Filming Partnership
One of London’s most iconic club venues, Ministry of Sound offers a fantastic range of filming possibilities, with brick tunnels, curving walkways, black-out spaces, spectacular lighting and disco-balls.
Spread over five separate rooms, the Ministry of Sound has three separate bars, dj booths, lighting rigs and a world-renowned sound system. Other features include a heated outside courtyard, balcony area with seating booths and 60ft steel aerial platform.
The variety of spaces and versatility of the venue have been used to great effect in numerous productions. While it holds obvious attractions as a location for music videos and reality TV shows, many features have also shot here including Trance, Welcome to the Punch and The Inbetweeners Movie. It also memorably doubled for Gotham City in Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight.
- Two @BAFTA wins for @DarkestHour . including Leading Actor for Gary Oldman's standout performance #FilmedInLDN https://t.co/B0SUvoPdxV
- A well-deserved VFX win for Blade Runner 2049 - congrats to the London-based talent who helped bring the sumptuous… https://t.co/xwnivp3b3D
- Huge night for the wonderful @3Billboards - congratulations to our pals @Film4 and all the tremendous talent involv… https://t.co/fOCLobucu5
We spoke to director Harry Lighton about the politics and inspiration behind Wren Boys, his overnight success short film which has been BAFTA and BIFA nominated, as well as screening at Sundance, SXSW and BFI London Film Festival.