We're back! London Calling and London Calling Plus are our short film funding schemes aimed at giving more opportunities to London's new and emerging talent. And they're now open for applications.
- London Calling: 18 awards available of up to £4,000 for emerging London filmmakers
- London Calling Plus: Five awards of up to £15,000 for London-based Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic talent with a track record across film, television or theatre
Whichever one you go for, it won't be just about the cash – both deliver a comprehensive development and training programme, plus an opportunity to premiere the films at industry showcases.
Thinking of applying? Come to a Roadshow
To ensure as many Londoners as possible have the chance to apply, we're holding a number of Roadshows across the country. Spaces are limited and demand is high. Book now to avoid disappointment!
- Book for Thursday 18 September at ArtHouse Crouch End
- Book for Tuesday 23 September at Gate Notting Hill
- Book for Thursday 25 September at Stratford Picturehouse
- Book for Tuesday 30 September at Ritzy, Brixton
- Book for 6pm Thursday 9 October at Framestore in Soho
- Book for 7pm Thursday 9 October at Framestore in Soho
There are also a series of Roadshows being held by our borough partners.
Looking for the dream team? Join Film London Talent Connect on Facebook
London Calling is open to new and emerging filmmaking talent based in the capital. If you have a story to tell, we want to hear from you.
Seven of the 18 films will be commissioned directly by Film London, with our borough partners commissioning 11 between them. Projects cannot be submitted to more than one of the funds at the same time. Select your borough from the list below to ensure you're applying to the right scheme:
- Kensington & Chelsea
- Waltham Forest
- All other boroughs
For talent with a track record across film, television or theatre, London Calling Plus is open to Black and Asian Minority Ethnic writers and directors resident in any of London's 33 boroughs. If you've got a great idea for a short that can wow, get in touch!
All London Calling Plus applications should come directly to Film London no later than 12.00 noon on Wednesday 22 October 2014.
London Calling and London Calling Plus are part of the BFI.NETWORK, with funding from the BFI, Creative Skillset and run with support of its London borough partners.
Young people of London, Cinemania is coming for you! This October the ambitious audience development project is going to do everything in its power to increase the engagement of young audiences with cultural cinema, thanks to a major investment by Film Hub London