London Calling and London Calling Plus are Film London's short film funding schemes aimed at giving more opportunities to London's new and emerging talent. Building on more than a decade of experience, the schemes are funding 24 new shorts from teams across the capital.
In addition to funding, the schemes provide film-makers with training and mentoring — supporting them every step of the way.
In 2013 London Calling Plus became Film London's first shorts funding scheme aimed specifically at emerging Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic talent, with the aim of championing underrepresented voices in the capital.
The 24 teams producing films in 2013/14 were selected from over 600 applicants. Find out about the projects
The next call for submissions is likely to be later this year.
About London Calling
A continuation and expansion of the London Borough Film Fund Challenge, London Calling is open to all new and emerging film-making teams resident in the capital. Run across nine months, highlights of the scheme include:
- 18 short films are awarded a maximum of £4,000
- Training and mentoring is provided to all film-making teams
- Match funding can be sought for any film being produced through London Calling
About London Calling Plus
For talent with a track record across film, television or theatre, London Calling Plus is open to Black and Asian Minority Ethnic writers and directors resident in any of London's 33 boroughs. Run across nine months, highlights of the scheme include:
- Five short films are awarded a maximum of £15,000
- Training and mentoring provided to all film-making teams
- Match funding can be sought for any film being produced through London Calling Plus
London Calling and London Calling Plus are part of the BFI.NETWORK, with funding from the BFI, Creative Skillset and run with support of LB Haringey, Kensington & Chelsea, Lambeth, Redbridge, Southwark, Waltham Forest and Wandsworth.
“It was truly amazing to watch everyone's ideas being realised.”
Christine Cheung, Producer, London Calling 2013 Jury Awardee
- Network with industry professionals at our TV Information Evening Mixer with @SkillsetSSC , 29 July @RavensbourneUK . http://t.co/je2IGAKTIT
- Could your film benefit from an innovative VOD release on @WeAreColony ? Get involved with our new research project: http://t.co/DqTH2tw6SG
- The @bfi Statistical Yearbook is out, showing £860m inward investment from film production in the UK: http://t.co/GHXqQTj6lf #bfistats
We're excited to announce that Film London has teamed up with new VOD platform We Are Colony and Edge Hill University to deliver a £125,000 year-long project exploring new distribution strategies for independent film.