Inner & Middle Temple
- Tax Reliefs
Plan Your Shoot
- Search the Directory
- Find a Location
- Get Permission
- Make Sure It's Legal
- Green Screen
- Advice for International Crews
- Read the Code of Practice
- London Filming Partnership
The stunning buildings and beautiful grounds of Inner and Middle Temple have understandably featured in their fair share of law and courtroom dramas.
In thriller Closed Circuit, the Parliament Chamber was used as an atmospheric setting for courtroom scenes. While television series Silk, Judge John Deed and Crime and Punishment have also benefitted from the more formal interiors that the buildings have to offer.
Grand Elizabethan halls, shadowy corridors and oak panelled rooms contrast with bright, opulent reception rooms, cobbled courtyards and sloping lawns. The buildings are steeped in history and period productions such as Downton Abbey, Belle, Great Expectations, Elizabeth, Shakespeare in Love and The Wolfman have shot here.
Adventure films The Mummy Returns, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides and Mission Impossible V have also taken advantage of the period features at Middle and Inner Temple, the flexibility of the site - which can be privately controlled and offers a green room option, on-site catering and parking - has made the site popular with all kinds of productions.
Television series 24: Live Another Day used one of the majestic halls to double for Parliament, Bridget memorably chased along the labyrinth of corridors in Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason and Tom Hanks and Audrey Tautou uncovered hidden secrets in The Da Vinci Code in the historically significant Temple Church.
- ‘What excites me about British Cinema is its sense of freedom. Bold risks are taken to make bold movies - you can a… https://t.co/mBlAlxDb6R
- Michael Barker Co-Founder and Co-President of Sony Pictures Classics discuses the value of a diverse film library t… https://t.co/prMekJyWkv
- The @FilmTVCharity (formerly the Cinema & Television Benevolent Fund) has announced the return of The London Party… https://t.co/SCY0Htn8wg