Imperial War Museum
- Tax Reliefs
Plan Your Shoot
- Search the Directory
- Find a Location
- Get Permission
- Make Sure It's Legal
- Green Screen
- Advice for International Crews
- Read the Code of Practice
- London Filming Partnership
The Imperial War Museum's (IWM) four London venues provide a tremendous variety of filming opportunities.
Housed at the former Bedlam Hosptial, IWM London has striking futuristic staircases, iconic domed ceiling and atmospheric corridors. The nearby All Saints Annex has beautiful period features, an ornate staircase and empty attic.
Famous London landmark HMS Belfast has nine decks to explore: the original engine room, mess deck and gun turrets, as well as stunning views across the Thames. The underground complex of the Churchill War Rooms takes you back in time with winding corridors and preserved and restored War and Map Rooms.
The IWM team have accommodated numerous and varied productions at their sites: from factual productions such asDispatches and Sky Sports, to television entertainment shows The Apprentice and Strictly Come Dancing. Television comedy Outnumbered shot on HMS Belfast, and it was recently used Now You See Me: The Second Act, starring Jesse Eisenberg and Michael Caine.More information on filming at the Imperial War Museum
- Applications are now open for @berlinale 's summit and talent development programme for emerging film and TV series… https://t.co/PPkcjP1i7g
- If you reside in the UK and are a filmmaker looking to fund your second feature, you may be eligible for… https://t.co/jmr6l08Qta
- Congrats to the @WrenBoysFilm team for winning the Tiernan McBride Award for Best Short Drama!… https://t.co/EtPIyXvXII
Now in its eleventh year, the Award recognises and supports artists working with moving image and celebrates the spirit of experimentation, imagination and innovation in the work of UK-based artist filmmakers.