- Tax Reliefs
Plan Your Shoot
- Search the Directory
- Find a Location
- Get Permission
- Make Sure It's Legal
- Green Screen
- Advice for International Crews
- Read the Code of Practice
- London Filming Partnership
Founded under a Royal Charter of Elizabeth I in 1572, Harrow School is one of the most famous schools in the world. With buildings dating from as early as 1615 and as recently as 2011, the various styles and versatility of the School have long held an attraction for filmmakers.
The imposing wood-panelled Fourth Form Room, dating from 1615, is covered with the graffiti of the ‘Giants of Old’; the names of some of the school’s prestigious alumni including Lord Byron, Sir Robert Peel and Sir Winston Churchill. The room was memorably used for Professor Flitwick’s levitation lesson in Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone.
The grand Globe-style Speech Room, built in 1871, acts as the main assembly hall for the school. The tiered seating can accommodate over 500 people, plus an orchestra, and featured as a concert venue in Ladies in Lavender starring Dames Maggie Smith and Judy Dench.
The majestic and poignant Alex Fitch Room is lined with intricate Elizabethan wood-panelling, stained glass windows and an antique fireplace. Modern and light spaces such as the Masters’ Dining Room afford views over Central London and access to vast lawns.
With cricket pitches, a pavilion, club house and dining rooms as well as fields linked by country lanes, the buildings and 250 acres of grounds of Harrow School offer numerous filming opportunities.
Productions to have taken advantage of the locations this unique establishment has to offer include The Theory of Everything, The History Boys, The Crown and Doctor Foster.
- Looking to move into Location Management? @ProductionGuild with @NIScreen , @UKScreenSkills and Film London, will gi… https://t.co/1cvpG0A6i0
- The nominees for the 75th Golden Globes Awards have been announced, and we are thrilled to see so many nominees tha… https://t.co/rVhJjjnS8i
- Don't miss @SkyArts 's broadcast of @MarcAlmond 's insightful documentary on Judy Garland, on Monday 17 December! Mak… https://t.co/bgY1oZjBkF