- Tax Reliefs
Plan Your Shoot
- Search the Directory
- Find a Location
- Get Permission
- Make Sure It's Legal
- Green Screen
- Advice for International Crews
- Read the Code of Practice
- London Filming Partnership
From its first incarnation as a music hall in 1901, the Hackney Empire has seen a plethora of stars tread its famous boards, including Charlie Chaplin, Stan Laurel and Marie Lloyd. In more recent years the theatre has hosted acting, music and comedy greats including Ralph Fiennes, Arcade Fire, French & Saunders, Russell Brand and even Hercule Poirot - although it is perhaps best known to fans young and old as the home of panto.
Located next to the Hackney Town Hall, this Grade II* listed building, provides a stunning backdrop for filming. Its hugely versatile main space is beautifully gilded with a stunning starry domed ceiling. Flanked by private boxes and boasting a 60-seat orchestra pit, the room can take up to 1,635 standing guests (1,275 seated), designed so no columns intervene between the audience and the stage.
There is an on-site rehearsal and event space, with a capacity of 120, green room and dressing room spaces as well as a special guest entrance with sweeping staircase.
Following a restoration, the theatre has become one of London's most impressive independent venues. It is dedicated to providing the widest range of popular culture with state of the art facilities suitable for rehearsals, film and photo shoots, private events and hires, product launches and community or social events.For more information on Hackney Empire
- Did you make it to @LSA 's last open event? The last one before Christmas is on TONIGHT at @WorkingTitleFilms . They'… https://t.co/jHIj9vKTFp
- RT @LSFF : Short form: more than a calling card? @British_Film 's @Jo_Duncs , @Film_London 's Jordan McGarry, @ElloWeezee and @girlsinfilm_GIF '…
- Huge congratulations to our friends and past Film London Board member Stephen Woolley and Elizabeth Karlsen… https://t.co/gwU1XLRB48