- Tax Reliefs
Plan Your Shoot
- Search the Directory
- Find a Location
- Get Permission
- Make Sure It's Legal
- Green Screen
- Advice for International Crews
- Read the Code of Practice
- London Filming Partnership
Green Screen is a practical online tool that supports environmentally friendly filming in London.
The platform enables productions shooting in the capital to set their own environmental targets, and provides them with an action plan to help them achieve their goals.
Productions that have already achieved a Green Screen stamp include The Crown (Netflix), Free Fire (Rook Films) and City of Tiny Lights (BBC Films).
Productions that register for Green Screen receive access to resource guides, a bespoke crew memo, and simple tailored tips for each production department.
After achieving their goals, they are awarded with the official Green Screen stamp, which they can use on their endroll and promotional materials to demonstrate their green credentials to the world.
Every Green Screen production is helping to make London's screen industries more sustainable, and cutting their own costs through reduced waste and energy consumption.
"The Green Screen initiative really helped us keep sustainability at the top of the agenda on a daily basis" - Ben Wheatley, director Free Fire
Green Screen is a joint initiative between Film London and sustainability consultancy Greenshoot. The Green Screen pilot programme and online platform was made possible with support from Creative Skillset. It is supported by the London Filming Partnership and London's Borough Film Services.
Green Screen: Europe
Film London are also acting as lead partner on an Interreg Europe funded partnership project which is also titled Green Screen. The scheme will work across eight EU regions over five years to improve policies and achieve measurable success in reducing the carbon footprint of the film and TV industries. Participating European regions will improve policies to motivate and equip the current and future workforce to adopt sustainable practices and reduce CO2 emissions.
The European Green Screen project runs from 2017 to 2021. Partners include
- Film London (UK) – Lead Partner
- Bucharest Ilfov Regional Development Agency (Romania)
- Flanders Audiovisual Fund (Belgium)
- Ile-de-France Film Commission (France)
- Municipality of Ystad (Sweden)
- Municipal Company of Initiatives of Malaga S.A. – Promlaga (Spain)
- Rzeszow Regional Development Agency (Poland)
- Regional Development Agency Senec – Pezinok (Slovakia)
The project is funded by the EU’s Interreg Europe programme through the European Regional Development Fund.
Locations Discount Scheme
Many of Film London's Premiere Locations and London Filming Partnership members are keen to actively support our Green Screen Scheme and encourage productions to take steps to be more environmentally sustainable.
In order to incentivise productions to sign up to the scheme, the following locations will offer a 3% - 5% discount on filming fees to those signed up to Green Screen.
Levels of discount will vary from location to location and minimum spend levels may apply.
Please be aware, discounts will apply to location fees only and will not apply to facilitation or admin fees.
For more information on joining Green Screen, please visit.
- Showing as part of the @koreanfilmfest teaser screenings programme, FENGSHUI is an action-packed historical epic th… https://t.co/iJpzYyvGSv
- Head to @DeptfordCinema for a special screening of THE DUKE OF BURGUNDY, Peter Strickland’s visually stunning study… https://t.co/cqmzPezK8T
- This August Film London CEO @aojwFL_BFC will deliver a series of acclaimed Illustrated Film Talks at #MIFF2019 on m… https://t.co/9ZMvIoEfvW