- Tax Reliefs
Plan Your Shoot
- Search the Directory
- Find a Location
- Get Permission
- Make Sure It's Legal
- Green Screen
- Advice for International Crews
- Read the Code of Practice
- London Filming Partnership
Situated on the corner of Bishopsgate and Threadneedle Street, Gibson Hall is the real hidden gem of the City. Despite its grand neo-classical exterior, it is likely that hundreds of Londoners pass by the Hall every day with no idea what is inside.
Built in 1865 and named after its designer, John Gibson, the Grade I listed Hall was once the largest banking hall in London and served as the head office for the National Provincial Bank of England.
Now used exclusively as an event space, the building has lost none of its grandeur. The main hall, at nearly 600sqm, gives guests a vision of the imposing sight that would have greeted visitors 150 years ago.
Ornate marble columns and elegant gold leaf patterns fill the space, with the three stunning glass ceiling domes each adorned with a crystal chandelier. A popular venue for wedding receptions and banquets, the beautiful original features and versatility of this room would provide a wonderful backdrop to any period feature or photoshoot.
Through one set of the original doors, is the more modern, blank-canvas Garden Room. Despite being dwarfed by the main hall at nearly 200sqm, it still offers a sizable filming and event space. Glass fronted, to make the most of the natural light and pretty view, the room opens onto the Hall's picturesque and secluded lawned courtyard.
With industrial kitchens, meeting rooms and marbled-floored corridors, the Hall offers a variety of flexible filming options.
- ‘What excites me about British Cinema is its sense of freedom. Bold risks are taken to make bold movies - you can a… https://t.co/mBlAlxDb6R
- Michael Barker Co-Founder and Co-President of Sony Pictures Classics discuses the value of a diverse film library t… https://t.co/prMekJyWkv
- The @FilmTVCharity (formerly the Cinema & Television Benevolent Fund) has announced the return of The London Party… https://t.co/SCY0Htn8wg