Filming and the Olympics
This is an online resource for national and international media and producers planning to shoot a film, TV, commercial or news coverage in London during 2012. It provides up-to-date advice on shooting in the capital during the year in which London will be host to the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
These pages offer relevant information on how the Games may affect filming activity in parts of the capital during the build-up to the Olympic and Paralympic Games as well as during the four weeks the Games are taking place this summer.
The London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games run:
- Olympic Games - 27 July to 12 August 2012
- Paralympic Games - 29 August to 9 September 2012
LMC Accredited Media can access a list of popular areas and locations frequently used for filming, which are covered by the LMC pass. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header: "LMC Pass List" for a copy.
Find the capital's most popular locations and view bespoke maps which illustrate the best camera positions to film the city's most iconic landmarks.
To contact the Film London desk at the London Media Centre call 07920 799 712 or email London2012@filmlondon.org.uk. The desk is open between 9am and 8pm during Games time.
Get regular updates
If you would like to get regular updates about filming in London in the Olympic and Paralympic year, please sign up to receive Film London's Filming in 2012 fortnightly newsletter by emailing email@example.com with "Subscribe to Filming in 2012 Newsletter" in the subject line.
“Shooting in London is a pleasure. The crews are wonderful. The city is film-friendly and cooperative and, for someone like myself, the weather is ideal.”
Woody Allen, director
10 of the best moving image artists working in the UK today have made it onto the shortlist for the 2014 Jarman Award. It’s a stellar line-up and, thanks to our touring programme, you’ll be able to see work by all of the artists across the UK this autumn.
- Digital Revolution @barbicancentre has begun! Don't miss the great films, including Gravity +intro by @Framestore http://t.co/zNbI6XfKd3
- RT @scifitheatre : Thanks to the Community Screen Scheme, @scifitheatre is funded and supported by @Film_London . Go (Rollerball) team! http:…
- .@sheffdocfest are coming to London! And they're bringing a great set of Toolkit training days – get your tix http://t.co/ImsyWXiMC3