Tax Relief for Film
London is an attractive destination for all content production. The wealth of world-class talent and resources are underpinned by generous and user-friendly tax reliefs that can help you bring your project to the capital. Best of all:
- There is no cap on the amount of tax relief which can be claimed.
- All reliefs are capped at 80% of total production budget.
As of April 2015, a Film Production Company (FPC) can claim tax relief of up to 25% of qualifying expenditure for film projects that qualify as British. There is no cap over/under £20 million, as was the case before April 2015.
To qualify for film tax relief, projects must:
- Have a minimum 10% of core expenditure spent in the UK
- Be intended for theatrical release
- Have one FPC registered with Companies House and set up before principal photography begins
- The FPC must be responsible for all the filmmaking activity from pre-production through to completion
How your project can qualify as British
Your film can qualify as British by passing the cultural test, or as an official co-production.
The UK has 10 bi-lateral co-production treaties and is also a signatory to the European Convention.
Contact the Certification Unit at the BFI for more information: email@example.com
- RT @aojwFL_BFC : Real pleasure to be visiting my university @uniofeastanglia @FTM_UEA courtesy of @KeithMJohnston to talk to students & th…
- Got 2-4 years working in games? Apply to join #BAFTACrew Games to get a year-long programme of events, networking… https://t.co/pA7r3gB2vy
- RT @EastEndFilmFest : TEAM HURRICANE comes to #eeff2018 TONIGHT at @thecastlecinema . Don't miss out on this ridiculously cool Danish debut.…