Environmentally Friendly Filming
- Discover Tax Reliefs
- Plan Your Shoot
- Advice for International Crews
- Read the Code of Practice
- London Filming Partnership
Supported by the London Filming Partnership, Green Screen has developed a practical package of support for film, TV and commercial producers to help cut climate change emissions in the capital and to create a more environmentally sustainable industry.
Following extensive research in consultation with leading companies and names in the film, TV and commercial production sector, the Mayor of London and Film London produced a user-friendly and practical guide (full and summary downloads available below). Green Screen identifies key action areas that are likely to have the greatest impact in dramatically decreasing the environmental impact of screen production - both on location and in the studio.
Green Screen: Full Report
Green Screen: Summary Report
Productions can also identify how much carbon and waste they produce, and where best to make reductions, using the handy Carbon Calculator below:
Carbon Calculator (NB: this is a tabbed spreadsheet)
The British Stanadard BS 8909 for sustainable film-making was launched at the Cannes Film Festival in May 2011. It covers everything from planning to production, editing to distribution, cinema screening and home entertainment to archiving. The BSI website provides more information and case studies.
Green Film Initiative
Film London is a signatory to the Green Film Initiative, which hopes to encourage sustainable productions in the German film industry and is working with Green production projects which have already emerged in Europe, such as Green Screen.
- You're all loving Guardians of the Galaxy-it's taken the title of Biggest Thursday Box Office Opening of the Year! http://t.co/aVWJwhfMZz
- What do you think is the best doc of all time? @sightsoundmag have asked critics & filmmakers for their faves:: http://t.co/wYha1qWlub
- Doesn't London look great in the trailer for Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb? http://t.co/gHOOGDjRod
Hounslow’s local community is being brought together through the power of cinema, thanks to support from Film Hub London. On Saturday they’ll head to Inwood Park for a free screening of Disney Pixar’s Up, a family favourite voted for by residents.