Working with the police
- Tax Reliefs
Plan Your Shoot
- Search the Directory
- Find a Location
- Get Permission
- Make Sure It's Legal
- Green Screen
- Advice for International Crews
- Read the Code of Practice
- London Filming Partnership
The Metropolitan Police Service Film Unit (MPSFU) provides a single point of contact for filming requests requiring police assistance across the capital.
It is essential that you contact the MPSFU if you are featuring:
- Fake police or military vehicles
- Fake police or military uniforms
- Re-creation of crimes
- Nudity or perceived nudity
- Use of firearms or weapons (to include prop/replica firearms and starting pistols in interior or exterior locations)
- Filming on the move with tracking vehicles, low loaders, A-frames or vehicle body-mounted cameras
Find out more on the Met Police Service Film Unit website.
If you provide the MPSFU with all of the relevant information it should prevent any unnecessary police interventions.
If there are stunts taking place or management of traffic flow is needed then police supervision will likely be required.
For further information, please contact:
Tel: 0203 054 5555
Mob: 07880 022 657
MPS Intellectual Property - Kyri Pitsillides
Tel: 020 7161 3314
In of light operating in unprecedented times, our monthly London: On Screen and Filming feature will highlight the variety of titles filmed in and around the capital that will be on TV and online, with more and more exciting, inspiring and thought-provoking content now available to occupy your lockdown.