Working with the police
- Tax Reliefs
Plan Your Shoot
- Search the Directory
- Find a Location
- Get Permission
- Make Sure It's Legal
- Green Screen
- Advice for International Crews
- Read the Code of Practice
- London Filming Partnership
The Metropolitan Police Service Film Unit (MPSFU) provides a single point of contact for filming requests requiring police assistance across the capital.
It is essential that you contact the MPSFU if you are featuring:
- Fake police or military vehicles
- Fake police or military uniforms
- Re-creation of crimes
- Nudity or perceived nudity
- Use of firearms or weapons (to include prop/replica firearms and starting pistols in interior or exterior locations)
- Filming on the move with tracking vehicles, low loaders, A-frames or vehicle body-mounted cameras
Find out more on the Met Police Service Film Unit website.
If you provide the MPSFU with all of the relevant information it should prevent any unnecessary police interventions.
If there are stunts taking place or management of traffic flow is needed then police supervision will likely be required.
For further information, please contact:
Tel: 0203 054 5555
Mob: 07880 022 657
MPS Intellectual Property - Kyri Pitsillides
Tel: 020 7161 3314
- Last minute availability for the @overnightFF 📽🌊 https://t.co/QvebEw25oz
- Fancy seeing the 2001 cult classic Donnie Darko in 4K? Join @ArrowFilmsVideo @DeptfordCinema tomorrow night:… https://t.co/eicDEgNZC2
- @soundstageevent Hi, we'll be including this in our industry newsletter today and will tweet your event this week.
With an unprecedented list of London's most iconic settings including 10 Downing St, House of Commons and Somerset House, Darkest Hour shows off the capital's versatility as a shooting location. Get our behind the scenes insight.