New Release Strategy
New Release Strategy is a new scheme from BFI Film Audience Network (FAN) which boosts access to foreign language films in UK cinemas.
The current featured title is The Fits, directed by Anna Rose Holmer.
While training at the gym 11-year-old tomboy Toni becomes entranced with a dance troupe. As she struggles to fit in she finds herself caught up in danger as the group begins to suffer from fainting spells and other violent fits.
"Remember the name Anna Rose Holmer, who makes her feature directing debut with this unique and unforgettable mesmerizer." Rolling Stone
"The Fits is a dreamy, beautifully syncopated coming-of-age tale." NY Times
"Part of what’s so terrific about The Fits is that so much of it is open to interpretation, even though the film as a whole isn’t that oblique." A.V. Club
Theatrical release date: Friday 24 February October
Lionsgate have confirmed that they will take bookings on blu-ray/DVD as well as DCP from release date of 24 February. To book the film, please contact Rachael Koczan at email@example.com
Film Hub London members have the opportunity to receive enhanced support when they screen any of the titles in the scheme, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Fits New Release Strategy marketing pack is now available to those who have booked the film, and it contains:
- Online trailer download
- Outreach ideas and networks to tap into
- Key articles and press quotes
- Press templates
- Sample Facebook and Twitter posts
About the scheme
The initiative sees BFI FAN working closely with distributors and exhibitors to increase the visibility of these titles and connect them with the right audience.
What’s on offer for each film will vary, but members can expect free access to:
- A large press and promotional campaign
- Special preview screenings
- A comprehensive marketing pack created by exhibitors for exhibitors
- Interesting shareable content for social media
Over the coming year, BFI FAN will support six titles.
The first four titles in the scheme were Patricio Guzmán's The Pearl Button, Deniz Gamze Ergüven’s Mustang, and Athina Rachel Tsangari's Chevalier, and Rokhsareh Ghaemmaghami's Sonita.
- Proud to be sponsoring the UK film reception at #Cannes2017 and celebrating the capital's ongoing success! https://t.co/5gmyE5pMbo
- See delightfully quirky comedy-drama and @koreanfilmfest teaser screening Queen of Walking, tonight @RegentStCinema … https://t.co/Ae1Sz2AwQf
- RT @PerformanceIns : Pleased to announce we'll be continuing our partnership with @Film_London for another 3 years!! #filmmakers https://t.…
This year our Production Finance Market – the UK’s only film finance market – takes place from 9-11 October and is now open for applications. Find out more about PFM's new international partners and the Film London Micro Market.
Timely explorations of motherhood, matriarchy, gender identity and the modern LGBTQ experience. Discover the two new titles from London-based filmmakers which have been commissioned for Microwave, our award-winning feature film scheme.