New Release Strategy
New Release Strategy is a new scheme from BFI Film Audience Network (FAN) which boosts access to foreign language films in UK cinemas.
The current featured title is The Fits, directed by Anna Rose Holmer.
While training at the gym 11-year-old tomboy Toni becomes entranced with a dance troupe. As she struggles to fit in she finds herself caught up in danger as the group begins to suffer from fainting spells and other violent fits.
"Remember the name Anna Rose Holmer, who makes her feature directing debut with this unique and unforgettable mesmerizer." Rolling Stone
"The Fits is a dreamy, beautifully syncopated coming-of-age tale." NY Times
"Part of what’s so terrific about The Fits is that so much of it is open to interpretation, even though the film as a whole isn’t that oblique." A.V. Club
Theatrical release date: Friday 24 February October
Lionsgate have confirmed that they will take bookings on blu-ray/DVD as well as DCP from release date of 24 February. To book the film, please contact Rachael Koczan at email@example.com
Film Hub London members have the opportunity to receive enhanced support when they screen any of the titles in the scheme, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Fits New Release Strategy marketing pack is now available to those who have booked the film, and it contains:
- Online trailer download
- Outreach ideas and networks to tap into
- Key articles and press quotes
- Press templates
- Sample Facebook and Twitter posts
About the scheme
The initiative sees BFI FAN working closely with distributors and exhibitors to increase the visibility of these titles and connect them with the right audience.
What’s on offer for each film will vary, but members can expect free access to:
- A large press and promotional campaign
- Special preview screenings
- A comprehensive marketing pack created by exhibitors for exhibitors
- Interesting shareable content for social media
Over the coming year, BFI FAN will support six titles.
The first four titles in the scheme were Patricio Guzmán's The Pearl Button, Deniz Gamze Ergüven’s Mustang, and Athina Rachel Tsangari's Chevalier, and Rokhsareh Ghaemmaghami's Sonita.
- RT @londongamesfest : Looking forward to the speeches tonight from @justinesimons1 , @MattHancockMP and @PercyBlakeney63 at the #LGF2017 Open…
- Find out how to grow young audiences at @ICOtweets Young Audiences Screening Day with top speakers and films:… https://t.co/O9D4oBOhrj
- Our CEO @aojwFL_BFC is in Paris with @MayorofLondon & #BertrandTavernier promoting filming in London and the UK in… https://t.co/L0lNjKfwCf
We are proud to announce the launch of a pilot return-to-work scheme for parents looking to get back into the TV industry after starting a family. Funded by Creative Skillset, the initiative will offer five one-month placements, which will run from April to June 2017.
This week sees smart horror film The Autopsy of Jane Doe hit UK cinemas for a special one-night screening. André Øvredal’s ultra-tense, darkly-humorous film was made in London, and produced by a team who previously worked together on Microwave film Shifty.