New Release Strategy
New Release Strategy is a new scheme from BFI Film Audience Network (FAN) which boosts access to foreign language films in UK cinemas.
The current featured title is The Fits, directed by Anna Rose Holmer.
While training at the gym 11-year-old tomboy Toni becomes entranced with a dance troupe. As she struggles to fit in she finds herself caught up in danger as the group begins to suffer from fainting spells and other violent fits.
"Remember the name Anna Rose Holmer, who makes her feature directing debut with this unique and unforgettable mesmerizer." Rolling Stone
"The Fits is a dreamy, beautifully syncopated coming-of-age tale." NY Times
"Part of what’s so terrific about The Fits is that so much of it is open to interpretation, even though the film as a whole isn’t that oblique." A.V. Club
Theatrical release date: Friday 24 February October
Lionsgate have confirmed that they will take bookings on blu-ray/DVD as well as DCP from release date of 24 February. To book the film, please contact Rachael Koczan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Film Hub London members have the opportunity to receive enhanced support when they screen any of the titles in the scheme. To access marketing and event support, ;please email us at email@example.com
About the scheme
The initiative sees BFI FAN working closely with distributors and exhibitors to increase the visibility of these titles and connect them with the right audience.
What’s on offer for each film will vary, but members can expect free access to:
- A large press and promotional campaign
- Special preview screenings
- A comprehensive marketing pack created by exhibitors for exhibitors
- Interesting shareable content for social media
Over the coming year, BFI FAN will support six titles.
The first four titles in the scheme were Patricio Guzmán's The Pearl Button, Deniz Gamze Ergüven’s Mustang, and Athina Rachel Tsangari's Chevalier, and Rokhsareh Ghaemmaghami's Sonita.
- RT @rizmc : National Film school launches free directing workshop aimed at increasing diversity - go get it! https://t.co/0jyBnWAsk8
- @kay646464 @BAFTA Hi Kay, it is a pygmy three-toed sloth from the recent #PlanetEarth2
- Great to see so many faces at our London Filming Partners drinks last night. Thanks to @OGGSVenue for hosting & our… https://t.co/d31Qh1uO17