India on Screen
Film Hub London is inviting proposals for programming and audience development initiatives celebrating Indian culture. Timed to coincide with the UK-India Year of Culture, we would welcome proposals which explore:
- cinematic representations of India on screen
- the experiences of people of Indian heritage in Britain
- the work of filmmakers, actors and creatives of Indian heritage.
Film Hub London members wishing to take part in India on Screen can apply for anything from £100 - £5,000, to support 85% of the total costs.
The deadline for applications is Thursday 31 August.
Shubhashish Bhutiani's award-winning Hotel Salvation has been acquired for the UK by BFI Distribution as a centrepiece of the BFI’s India on Film season. The film won the Prix Enrico Fulchignoni at last year’s Venice Film Festival, Best Film at the New York Indian Film Festival, and it is now a strong contender to be India’s Academy Award entry in 2018.
This gentle and tender Indian comedy follows the ordeal of an over-worked modern son forced to accompany his 77 year old father, who is in search of salvation, to the holy city of Varanasi. The film showcases bravura performances from renowned actors Adil Hussain (Life of Pi), Lalit Behl (Titli) and Geetanjali Kulkarni (Court). The film will receive its UK premiere at BFI Southbank in the Bagri Foundation London Indian Film Festival (22 – 29 June) on 27 June.
For booking enquiries, please contact email@example.com, or call 020 7957 8938.
- 18-25 yr old filmmaker? Apply to @RoundhouseLDN 's And Now What film fund to make a new short. Deadline 31 July: https://t.co/csJLvksoen
- .@bfinetwork seek writers, directors & producers to participate in an intensive #LFF industry programme. Apply now!… https://t.co/5IhXUBxXNY
- Filmmakers in Redbridge and Waltham Forest can still apply to London Calling via Eastern Edge - details here!… https://t.co/j3RaSj9isB
FLAMIN opens applications for a brand new funding and mentoring scheme targeted towards artists beginning their careers working with moving image. Discover more about this exciting scheme, who is eligible and how to apply.