Training & Travel Bursaries
Members of Film Hub London can access a range of funding and training opportunities designed to help achieve the Hub's aim of expanding cinema provision and engagement across the capital.
Training, accommodation and travel bursaries
The Film Hub London Training, Travel & Accommodation Bursary scheme is here to assist staff and volunteers of our members organisations to enhance their professionals development for the benefit of themselves and their organisations with the ultimate aim of boosting and diversifying audiences.
How much support can I get?
We offer bursaries of between £50 and £300.
We can cover:
- Up to 70% of fees (up to 100% in case of the BFI FAN Advice and Experience Scheme fee)
- Up to 50% of travel and accommodation costs
Please note that we cannot cover food and subsistence costs.
Film Hub London has a total of £4,000 available for the period April 2019-March 2020. Bursaries are in very high demand so please only apply for the amount that you require.
Who can apply for a Bursary?
Staff members and volunteers of Film Hub London member organisations only.
Please note that the Film Hub London membership scheme has been refreshed as of May 2018, so in order to be eligible your organisation must have reapplied and been accepted for membership here: http://filmlondon.org.uk/film-hub-london-membership
Applicants that have not previously received support through the bursary scheme will take priority over previous awardees.
We are unlikely to support:
- a previous bursary recipient to take part in the same activity more than once
- more than one person per organisation to participate in a particular development opportunity.
However, if you can make a strong case for support in these circumstances your application will be considered.
How can I apply for a Bursary?
Please take the time to fully read our Training, Travel and Accommodation Bursary Guidance before applying:
Applications can be made through our online application form here: https://filmlondon.wufoo.eu/forms/fhl-training-travel-bursary-application/
You will also need to submit an Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form which you can download here:
Applications are collated and assessed at the end of each calendar month. You must make sure that your application is in by the end of the month prior to your activity commencing at the latest.
Applications will then be assessed and we will endeavour to let applicants know if their application has been successful within the first 10 working days of the month.
If your application is successful, you will need to submit a report on your activity as well as evidence of your attendance at the named activity and evidence of your expenditure.
We may publish this report in order to disseminate useful information and to promote best practice more widely. Reports will be published and shared anonymously unless you consent to the use of your name and organisation details for this express purpose.
Read reports from past bursary recipients who attended:
- Sheffield Doc/Fest
- Berlin International Film Festival
- ICO’s Cultural Cinema Exhibition course
- Cannes International Film Festival
If you have any questions about the Training, Travel and Accommodation Bursary scheme or on Film Hub London membership please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7613 7697.
- RT @emmduffy : ⭐⭐⭐⭐ - The Guardian ⭐⭐⭐⭐ - i Paper ⭐⭐⭐⭐ - Total Film ⭐⭐⭐⭐ - Little White Lies ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - DMovies @MariFeatureFilm is in cinemas…
- RT @filmhubmidlands : Last few days to complete this @Film_London are researching a young audience national ticketing scheme, and asking for…
- RT @BFI : ⏯️ Hear @GRParris , @emmduffy and Maxine Doyle discuss how they made #NationalLottery funded dance-drama @MariFeatureFilm https://t…
This month the capital plays host to secret agents, haunted dresses and ghosts of Christmas past. Read all about the productions filming in London during June, as well as what will be on our cinema and TV screens.