Capture: Know Your Audience
Delivered by The Audience Agency, Capture: Know Your Audience is a research and analysis project that provides exhibitors with the tools needed to start researching their audiences.
Understanding your audience is key to successful programming and promotion - it helps you better serve the audiences you already have, and identify opportunities to reach out to communities currently underrepresented.
The programme offers a comprehensive introduction to audience analysis and data collection, as well as providing workshops on how you can maximise the benefits of the information you collect.
The 2015 year-long data collection project is still in process.
How it works
As part of a pilot project, the Audience Agency worked with 12 exhibitors representing 21 cinema sites across London. Together, they produced a list of the key information you need to know about your audiences in order to support planning, fundraising, reporting, advocacy and marketing.
From this, they devised a series of standardised audience survey questions, which were made available to participating exhibitors so that they could:
- Carry out face to face research of their visitors, using either your own staff or volunteers and provide this data to the Audience Agency
- Have access to a series of audience benchmark reports, produced by the Audience Agency from this data - enabling you to understand how your audiences compare to others.
- Receive support and advice from the Audience Agency to enable you to apply the findings and make the most of what you have learnt about your audiences
- Talk through your script with @EasternEdgeFund 's free summer drop-in sessions & get your films ready for… https://t.co/x8C1Q4Tlcl
- See Anna Rose Holmer's astonishing The Fits + a discussion on adolescence as choreography, tomorrow @Phoenixcinema :… https://t.co/cxMZJTxCRf
- .@weareparable's celebration of the mighty Spike Lee continues with epic biopic Malcolm X, tomorrow… https://t.co/vBD020HxS7
The East End Film Festival comes to town again next month! Running from Friday 2 June to Sunday 2 July, we are pleased to see so many Film London alumni in the exciting 2017 line-up, including the headline film opening the festival.