Capture: Know Your Audience
Delivered by The Audience Agency, Capture: Know Your Audience is a research and analysis project that provides exhibitors with the tools needed to start researching their audiences.
Understanding your audience is key to successful programming and promotion - it helps you better serve the audiences you already have, and identify opportunities to reach out to communities currently underrepresented.
The programme offers a comprehensive introduction to audience analysis and data collection, as well as providing workshops on how you can maximise the benefits of the information you collect.
The 2015 year-long data collection project is still in process.
How it works
As part of a pilot project, the Audience Agency worked with 12 exhibitors representing 21 cinema sites across London. Together, they produced a list of the key information you need to know about your audiences in order to support planning, fundraising, reporting, advocacy and marketing.
From this, they devised a series of standardised audience survey questions, which were made available to participating exhibitors so that they could:
- Carry out face to face research of their visitors, using either your own staff or volunteers and provide this data to the Audience Agency
- Have access to a series of audience benchmark reports, produced by the Audience Agency from this data - enabling you to understand how your audiences compare to others.
- Receive support and advice from the Audience Agency to enable you to apply the findings and make the most of what you have learnt about your audiences
- Calling all film fans working for archives and museums! There’s only a few places left for @ICOtweets Archive… https://t.co/MUhH1tzgBC
- If you’re 10-18 yrs old, BAFTA’s Young Game Designers opens a world of creative opportunities, supporting you on yo… https://t.co/ci7XwrsaSq
- RT @Screendaily : .@Screendaily, @Broadcastnow and British Film Commission (@filminuk_BFC) launch 2018-19 edition of UK In Focus at the Brit…