- Tax Reliefs
Plan Your Shoot
- Search the Directory
- Find a Location
- Get Permission
- Make Sure It's Legal
- Green Screen
- Advice for International Crews
- Read the Code of Practice
- London Filming Partnership
English Heritage is responsible for some of the country’s most significant and beautiful historic sites. In London, these include ancient towers, stately homes, medieval barns and iconic monuments.
English Heritage properties have long held an attraction for filmmakers and have played a role in many film and television productions. As well as holding an obvious desirability for documentary makers, photographers and factual TV shows such as Antiques Roadshow and Countryfile, many features and dramas have also looked to English Heritage properties for the perfect, authentic location.
The extensive grounds and striking art deco and medieval features of Eltham Palace have made it the perfect backdrop for productions from music videos for Florence and the Machine, to high fashion adverts for companies such as Ted Baker, and Netflix’s award winning drama The Crown. Down House, the home of Charles Darwin, is often host to documentaries about the world’s most famous naturalist, and for larger films such as 3D feature Amazon Adventure about Darwin’s friend Henry Bates.
Twickenham’s handsome Georgian villa, Marble Hill House, was used to great effect in major features such as Shakespeare in Love and Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang, and more recently for high end fashion shoots for companies such as Links of London.
Another elegant Georgian villa, Ranger’s House, at the edge of Greenwich Park, was used in feature film Belle, about the mixed race ward of Lord Mansfield who lived at another English Heritage location, Kenwood House.
Kenwood House can be seen in Mansfield Park, 101 Dalmatians, Peter O’Toole’s Venus and, perhaps most famously, as Julia Robert’s film set in Notting Hill.
With stunning properties spanning many centuries of architectural design, the English Heritage properties continue to offer productions some of London’s most versatile and attractive filming opportunities.
- RT @aojwFL_BFC : So our 15th @Film_London London Screenings UK film sales event supported by @BFI @weareukfilm @tradegovuk_CI @MayorofLondo…
- Are you a creative and talented press assistant? Join the Film London comms team - we're hiring! Find out more a… https://t.co/cHcXiuJElx
- Come along to @shortsontap award-winning Women in Revolt series, back this Wednesday at @93FeetEast . With a brand… https://t.co/c91sa0geiY