- Tax Reliefs
Plan Your Shoot
- Search the Directory
- Find a Location
- Get Permission
- Make Sure It's Legal
- Green Screen
- Advice for International Crews
- Read the Code of Practice
- London Filming Partnership
Borough Market offers a bustling backdrop of market stalls and stands on trading days and an interesting and flexible filming location on non-market days. From the recently refurbished light and airy main market space under the Victorian roof to the more atmospheric brick archways and tunnel entrances of the Green Market, the Market is a flexible location for both modern day and more historical shoots.
With a variety of filming possibilities, as well as ample on-site parking, it's not surprising that so many feature and television dramas have chosen to shoot here. The site of the Leaky Cauldron for Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Borough Market has also played host to Jack Bauer chasing down bad guys in 24: Live Another Day and, perhaps most famously, was the location which Bridget called home in all the Bridget Jones's Diary films.
Other productions that have shot here include Paddington, Closed Circuit, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, Salmon Fishing in the Yemen, The Golden Compass and iconic Brit flick Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.
- Applications are now open for @berlinale 's summit and talent development programme for emerging film and TV series… https://t.co/PPkcjP1i7g
- If you reside in the UK and are a filmmaker looking to fund your second feature, you may be eligible for… https://t.co/jmr6l08Qta
- Congrats to the @WrenBoysFilm team for winning the Tiernan McBride Award for Best Short Drama!… https://t.co/EtPIyXvXII
Now in its eleventh year, the Award recognises and supports artists working with moving image and celebrates the spirit of experimentation, imagination and innovation in the work of UK-based artist filmmakers.