The Athenaeum Hotel
- Tax Reliefs
Plan Your Shoot
- Search the Directory
- Find a Location
- Get Permission
- Make Sure It's Legal
- Green Screen
- Advice for International Crews
- Read the Code of Practice
- London Filming Partnership
The Athenaeum Hotel and Apartments has a long and prestigious film history. Originally owned by the Rank Organisation, the hotel has attracted a host of classic productions and iconic talent over the years. The Hollywood Reporter once observed that there were 'more movie stars to be seen in London's Athenaeum than in the Polo Lounge of the Beverly Hills Hotel'.
Former guests include A-listers Elizabeth Taylor, Steven Spielberg and Marlon Brando, with the hotel more recently entertaining Gary Oldman, and being used by major productions such as Spectre, The Avengers: Age of Ultronand Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation.
The hotel offers some great location filming opportunities - and even a film editing room used by Stephen Spielberg to edit ET. In addition to a nourishing spa, spacious gym, attractive rooms, and Victorian townhouse apartments, the huge luxury penthouse provides one of the most stunning skyline views in London. The hotel's proximity to Green Park is imaginatively reflected in their spectacular 'living wall', a huge vertical garden running up the side of the building.
- ‘What excites me about British Cinema is its sense of freedom. Bold risks are taken to make bold movies - you can a… https://t.co/mBlAlxDb6R
- Michael Barker Co-Founder and Co-President of Sony Pictures Classics discuses the value of a diverse film library t… https://t.co/prMekJyWkv
- The @FilmTVCharity (formerly the Cinema & Television Benevolent Fund) has announced the return of The London Party… https://t.co/SCY0Htn8wg