The Athenaeum Hotel
- Tax Reliefs
Plan Your Shoot
- Search the Directory
- Find a Location
- Get Permission
- Make Sure It's Legal
- Green Screen
- Advice for International Crews
- Read the Code of Practice
- London Filming Partnership
The Athenaeum Hotel and Apartments has a long and prestigious film history. Originally owned by the Rank Organisation, the hotel has attracted a host of classic productions and iconic talent over the years. The Hollywood Reporter once observed that there were 'more movie stars to be seen in London's Athenaeum than in the Polo Lounge of the Beverly Hills Hotel'.
Former guests include A-listers Elizabeth Taylor, Steven Spielberg and Marlon Brando, with the hotel more recently entertaining Gary Oldman, and being used by major productions such as Spectre, The Avengers: Age of Ultronand Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation.
The hotel offers some great location filming opportunities - and even a film editing room used by Stephen Spielberg to edit ET. In addition to a nourishing spa, spacious gym, attractive rooms, and Victorian townhouse apartments, the huge luxury penthouse provides one of the most stunning skyline views in London. The hotel's proximity to Green Park is imaginatively reflected in their spectacular 'living wall', a huge vertical garden running up the side of the building.
- Ahead of the Equal Access New Entrants course - our 2 day masterclass kick-starting careers in the film & TV indust… https://t.co/DlbCixgEiM
- Are you a filmmaker of colour, disabled, female, LGBTQIA+? London’s indie @GenesisCinema launches @FragmentsFest th… https://t.co/5O8EFy7hE6
- Journey through the lives of European London with @1000_Londoners ' Goodbye Europe season, an anthology of new short… https://t.co/aueUPZ4O9I
Film London is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2019 FLAMIN Productions development award. London-based artist filmmakers Jasmina Cibic, Billy Dosanjh and Patrick Hough will receive funding and support as they develop their new moving image projects over the coming months.