Business & Training
Audience on Demand
- Access to Finance
- Export Promotion
- Audience on Demand
- Capture: Know Your Audience
- Cultivate 2013
- Cultivate 2012
- Cinema Data Pilot
- Market Place
- Independent Training Providers
Film London, in partnership with Creative England supported by Creative Skillset, launches its pilot training programme Audience on Demand.
Addressing the rapidly changing face of feature film distribution across the globe, Audience on Demand provides participants with the skills, knowledge and networks to face the challenge of selling their film in the marketplace, sourcing and maximising audiences while at the same time negotiating the impact of new digital technologies on the traditional routes of Distribution and Marketing.
The three month programme (March to June 2013) is aimed at first and second time feature film-makers from across the UK with a either a feature with production finance in place (up to 50%) or near completion (picture lock).
The program consists of three two-day workshops (two in London, one in Creative England's region) and a final pitch day. Between workshops sessions, participants will benefit from dedicated mentor support, assisting them in producing a tailored distribution and marketing plan for their projects. The Audience on Demand programme aims to help participants to discover the optimum way of reaching an audience for their films, be it theatrical, festival or digital distribution.
Workshop sessions will include the following key areas:
- The traditional sales and distribution model - the value chain and how it's changing
- Revealing audience trends, profiles and behaviours
- Online DIY marketing and distribution
- Event releasing
- Exhibition and the festival circuits
- Online digital distribution
- Online platforms and how they work
- Typical deals and how to negotiate
- Rentals / recoupment
Participants will also get the chance to network with distributors, sales agents and digital agencies. Unique and proactive in its approach, Audience on Demand offers practical and real solutions for film-makers challenged by the complexities of finding audiences for their films.
Targeting low to micro-budget films, teams will find out where their project fits within the market place. The course will explore how to utilise social networking and digital technologies to profile projects and build audiences, as well as having a strong awareness of the business side of the film value chain.
For more information on the scheme and how to apply, please read the guidelines below. The deadline for applications is 5pm, 20 February 2013.
Audience on Demand Guidelines (MS Word)
Audience on Demand Guidelines (PDF)
Film-makers must apply via the onlnine application form which can be found here: Application Form
For those returning to their online application forms, please use the following link: Return to Form
A small fee of £300 per team will be charged to cover travel, accommodation and catering costs.
Film-makers will be expected to provide the following supporting documentation:
- A one page synopsis of the project
- The latest (dated) draft of the script OR rough cut
- A detailed audience, marketing and distribution plan for your project
- Social media outline including links to any social media networks for the project
- Details of any online crowd funding elements (if applicable) associated with the project
- Letters of intent from financiers (this is a requirement for all unproduced films)
- One page Bios of Key Project Team
- One page Bios of Key Cast
If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org