Andaz Liverpool Street
- Tax Reliefs
Plan Your Shoot
- Search the Directory
- Find a Location
- Get Permission
- Make Sure It's Legal
- Green Screen
- Advice for International Crews
- Read the Code of Practice
- London Filming Partnership
Behind the imposing Victorian gabled façade of the Andaz Hotel are a multitude of surprises and hidden secrets.
Built between 1884 and 1901 on the site of the old Bethlehem Hospital, the hotel has seven bars and restaurants, 14 different event and meeting spaces, a health club, and over 250 rooms and suites. Spaces available for filming include a magnificent Grade II listed ballroom with a stained glass dome that managed to survive both WWI and WWII; the modern Andaz Studio with open plan kitchen and exposed wine cellar; an authentic Japanese restaurant; a traditional semi-wood panelled English pub; and an elegant wine bar.
The fifth and sixth floor offer views over Bishopsgate, Liverpool Street, the City and the stained glass dome.
While each of these spaces has its own character providing great variety for locations, Andaz also offers an outstanding and unusual space that was discovered behind a fake wall during major refurbishments in the late 1990s.
A Masonic Temple, which was built in 1912 and used by a lodge of Scottish Masons from the 20s to the 40s, was one of the grandest of its time. The opulent space was built using 12 types of Italian marble on the floor, walls and columns, and features mahogany panels, an organ, candelabras and a blue and gold domed ceiling decorated with zodiac signs. The space is available for filming and has already hosted a number of high profile events, photo shoots and music videos.
- The only director with two films in the top 20 of @SightSoundmag 's list of greatest docs of all time, a mesmerising… https://t.co/rejX9wC71o
- The hugely successful #DarkFest has a mini-sibling! @GenesisCinema present fabulous cinematic frights this Sat, inc… https://t.co/ZaPlY6Idic
- See icon of British cinema Jeremy Irons perform the poems of T. S. Eliot on Mon 9 April @southwarkcathed :… https://t.co/iehqw6maOL