- Tax Reliefs
Plan Your Shoot
- Search the Directory
- Find a Location
- Get Permission
- Make Sure It's Legal
- Green Screen
- Advice for International Crews
- Read the Code of Practice
- London Filming Partnership
Set in 196 acres of parkland, Alexandra Palace is one of the largest open spaces in North London, with fantastic views across the city. Stunning architectural features and a blend of period splendour with modern technology make it a dream for film productions. Some of the most exciting spaces include the huge Great Hall at over 6,400m² and West Hall at 2,700 m², as well as a beautiful glass-domed Palm Court and original Victorian Theatre.
With a prestigious televisual history (the world's first regular television transmissions being made from here) Alexandra Palace has gone on to feature as a location in many films and dramas. The famous antenna played a crucial role in Doctor Who episode The Idiot's Lantern starring David Tennant. Clint Eastwood's Hereafter and Breaking and Entering starring Jude Law have made the most of Alexandra Palace's great variety of film locations.
Numerous commercials have filmed on site; perhaps most memorably John Lewis' 150 years anniversary ad and it is perhaps unsurprising that such a famous music venue has also featured in many music videos, including James Morrison, Take That and Coldplay.
Facilities at Alexandra Palace are excellent and include green room space and plenty of onsite parking. Additional leisure facilities include the Ice Rink, Phoenix Pub, boating lake, children's playground, animal enclosure and conservation area.
- Ahead of the Equal Access New Entrants course - our 2 day masterclass kick-starting careers in the film & TV indust… https://t.co/DlbCixgEiM
- Are you a filmmaker of colour, disabled, female, LGBTQIA+? London’s indie @GenesisCinema launches @FragmentsFest th… https://t.co/5O8EFy7hE6
- Journey through the lives of European London with @1000_Londoners ' Goodbye Europe season, an anthology of new short… https://t.co/aueUPZ4O9I
Film London is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2019 FLAMIN Productions development award. London-based artist filmmakers Jasmina Cibic, Billy Dosanjh and Patrick Hough will receive funding and support as they develop their new moving image projects over the coming months.