Locations Crew Diary
Do you work in locations? Or want to? Our Locations Crew Diary can connect you with producers filming in London – opening up opportunities across, commercials, television and film.
With years of experience as the first point of contact for productions filming in London, we have built up the relationships you need to get your CV in front of the right people at the right time.
In the past year we've put members forward for over 1,000 productions and secured jobs in high profile productions including, Wonder Woman 1984, Spiderman:Far From Home, Rocketman, The Death of Stalin, Luther, Fleabag, Killing Eve, Bodyguard and many others.
Is your production looking for locations crew? Email email@example.com to access the best freelance locations crew in London.
Network with boroughs and agencies
'The networking evening was great. As it happens I got a job so it was really worthwhile. Thanks again!'
'I had a great evening and had the opportunity to meet some great contacts'
By becoming a paid member of the Locations Crew Diary, you will gain access to our exclusive quarterly events.
Held at exciting locations across the capital, these evenings provide you with the opportunity to meet with fellow Locations crew, key London location representatives, members of the London Filming Partnership, representatives from London's boroughs and the British Film Commission – helping you make the connections you need to succeed in the capital's locations industry.
Get recommended for recces
As a paid member, you'll automatically have priority inclusion in our pool of location managers, providing you with the opportunity to work on scouting and recces for large international film and television projects, when we are approached by them.
If selected, we hire you to show the production team that London is the perfect home for their filming. The service can include a budget breakdown, initial location research and/or a recce of locations.
Being a paid member of the Locations Crew Diary service also means you'll be included in the list we consult when looking for people to conduct paid research for our various projects or photography for our locations database.
Access insider information
Be the first to hear about new locations open to filming in London, and stay up-to-date on releases shot in London on our Locations Blog – exclusive to paid members of the Locations Crew Diary and the London Filming Partnership.
You'll also be included in our quarterly email, giving you the latest information on developments that impact filming in the capital as well as news from the boroughs and agencies.
As paid member of the service, you are also given access to desk space in our office when needed.
How it works
- Submit your CV and subscribe to the service below
- Register your details with the Film London Directory
- Keep us up-to-date with your availability so we can maintain an accurate diary for you
- Are approached by a production looking for locations crew
- Supply your CV for consideration, if you match their requirements
- Include you in emails alerting you to jobs that are advertised. If you tell us you're available and interested, we'll provide your CV to the production
- Decide who they take on for the job. We don't have control over this
We operate a tiered membership system with a sliding scale of subscription fees for our Locations Diary Service:
- Location Managers: £60 +VAT (£72 incl VAT)
- Production Guild members: £50 +VAT (£60 incl VAT). Proof of membership is required
- Junior members (working in locations for a year): £40 +VAT (£48 incl VAT)
NB: before signing up for this level, please check your eligibility with us on 020 7613 7683
Please note: the Locations Crew Diary service is suitable only for freelancers with some experience in locations and production. We no longer offer work for runners - this is instead done through our Equal Access Network (please ignore the runner option in the below form).
- RT @filmhubmidlands : Due to HIGH demand, we're closing the Obsession #FilmFeels fund a few days early - you now have until FRIDAY 26 April…
- We're so thrilled to see that @moinwjh 's wonderful @bfinetwork London Calling short NAPTHA has been selected as par… https://t.co/0h6QeQ9d7p
- Marvel at Sandy Powell's incredible costumes from Yargos Lanthimos award winning The Favourite, exhibited in the ve… https://t.co/9wIqDm5ovB